Message From Nurse Coordinator
All students entering Kindergarten or any new registrant for September 2023 must have all the immunizations required for that grade, per the New York State Public Health Law, Section 2164. The schedule can be found here: https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/2370.pdf.
Immunizations and Vaccinations Required for the 2023-24 School Year
- All students entering 6th grade/11 years old must receive a T-dap booster.
- All students entering 7th grade must submit proof of receiving their 1st dose of the meningococcal vaccine before school starts. This can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 845-624-0751.
- All students entering 12th grade must submit proof of receiving their 2nd dose of the meningococcal vaccine before school starts. This can be submitted to: email@example.com or fax to 845-624-0751.
If you do not have health insurance, please call R.C.D.O.H. to schedule an appointment: 845-364-2497.
Physicals are required under the Public Health Law for the following grades:
- Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th & 11th
Please email or send the physical to your child’s school nurse. All links for the physical form can be found under “nurse” on the school’s website.
Nurse Contact Information
G.W. Miller Elementary: Lyne Louis-Charles, RN firstname.lastname@example.org
Highview Elementary: Eileen Ryan, RN email@example.com
MacArthur Barr: Giovanna Conklin, RN firstname.lastname@example.org
Nanuet Senior High School: Maura Hanigan, RN email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the rest of your summer!
Maura Hanigan, RN
Nanuet Union Free School District Nurse Coordinator
Welcome to A. MacArthur Barr's Nurse Health and Wellness Page
Information From the Nurse’s Office
Giovanna Conklin, RN firstname.lastname@example.org 627-4041
New York State Mandated Screenings and Physical Exams:
Scoliosis Screenings: Required for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students
Hearing and Vision: Required for 5th and 7th grade students
Immunizations: Required for 6th grade student after 11th birthday- TDAP
Required for 7th grade students- Meningitis Vaccine
Annual Physicals: Required for 5th and 7th grade students
These screenings will be performed in school unless your child has had them done by their private physician.
Please send in all annual physical forms so we can collect this information and not duplicate services.
For more information please visit the Nurse page of this website or call the School Nurse Giovanna Conklin, RN at 627-4041.
As per N.Y. State Public Health Law, section 2164, Students entering 7th & 12th grade must have the meningococcal vaccine. What is new is that the vaccine will be required for school entry as of Sept. 1, 2016. Please check with your doctor. Even kids who have had a shot before may need a booster to start school. To learn more about this visit: health.ny.gov/Immunize
Any incoming 7th or 8th grade student who plans to play a sport must have a physical examination either with their personal doctor or with Dr. Lerche the school physician. All physicals must be dated 1 year prior to the date of the sport’s first day of practice and returned to the Health Office in order to be eligible to play a sport.
Please note an athletic physical performed by Dr. Lerche fulfills the 7th grade NYS physical requirement.
Sports Forms can be found at the link below:
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call 627-4041 or email me at email@example.com
- Health examinations are required in grades PreK or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11.
- Vision screening for distance and near vision acuity is required within 6 months of admission to school and in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11.
- Hearing screening utilizing pure tone testing is required within 6 months of admission to school· and in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11.
- Scoliosis screening is required in grades 5 and 7 for girls and grade 9 for boys.